3 Month Training Program
METS understands that the everyday endurance athlete already commits a lot of time and money into their training and performances. Many spend thousands of dollars on equipment and gadgets, with many events costing close to $1000 to enter.
The single greatest way to improve your race results is to hire a coach who understands your unique physiology and how to implement an appropriate, progressive, and individualised training program dedicated specifically to you. We offer full triathlon, cycling and running coaching at a flat rate weekly price. We understand, however, that the weekly costs of hiring a coach isn’t for everyone.
Our 3 month training program service allows athletes to "Buy a Block" of training, and is the next best thing to hiring a coach.
The process is as follows:
- Complete a VO₂ max test to determine your aerobic capacity and individualised training zones.
- Our Accredited Exercise Scientists then sit down with you and discusses your current training load, time availability, training limitations, and, most importantly, your goals.
- We then scientifically develop a 3 month training block using your unique physiological data gained from your VO₂ max test, in conjunction with your training information gathered above. Every session in this block will be available on TrainingPeaks and all training methods and loading parameters are 100% supported by current Sport Science literature.
- At the end of your 3 month training block, you are encouraged to complete a VO₂ max re-test to determine your improvements and adjust your training zones. You can then opt to have another training block developed.
- If starting from scratch, 6 months (2 training blocks) is recommended to reach peak fitness before an 'A' race event, particularly if it is for a long distance event such as an Ironman. We can prescribe training blocks at any stage of a program, so if you have completed plenty of base training already, we can develop a build or peaking training block.
Comparing "Buy a Block" with the weekly coaching service:
- More affordable.
- Shows every session for 3 months in advance.
- Is a safe, progressive and scientifically developed program made specifically for your goals and physiology.
- No free re-testing to monitor improvements/update training zones.
- No support, training feedback or point of contact with a coach .
- Does not allow for changes or variability – eg cannot change a tough interval session if the athlete hasn’t slept well for a few nights and is feeling tired, cannot modify a session if an athlete is sick.
- No education component (unless participating in semi-regular consultations).
The value for money you receive with “Buy a Block” is second to none, and is an affordable alternative to traditional weekly coaching which is guaranteed to take your performance to the next level.