Resting Metabolic Rate Testing - 30 Minutes
WHY DO I NEED IT?
Your resting metabolic rate (RMR) is the minimum energy expenditure your body uses on a daily basis to function. Determining your RMR is useful for individuals looking to lose or maintain weight, or build lean muscle mass. Everybody is different and everybody uses different amounts of energy based on body size, muscle mass, gender, genetics etc. Determining your individualised RMR allows you to plan your diet scientifically to guarantee weight loss or muscle gain. After learning the minimum amount of energy your body uses each day, weight loss is simple mathematics: put in slightly less than you put out!
You lie down and completely relax for 15 minutes while breathing into a mouthpiece which measures your oxygen consumption. Your energy expenditure is recorded constantly based on your oxygen consumption and your daily energy expenditure is determined through averaging the results.
WHAT YOU GET:
- An immediate print out of your RMR and daily energy expenditure which can be used to plan your weight loss, maintenance or muscle building diet.
- An easy to understand interpretation of your results from an Accredited Exercise Scientist.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
In order to achieve the most accurate results, prior to testing you should:
- fast for at least 4 hours.
- Avoid caffeine and other stimulants for 24 hours.
- Avoid intense exercise for 24 hours, and try to limit exercise the day of the test.